My Photo
Name:

High tech/biotech PR guy...wait, where are you going??

10.16.2006

Edelman speaks...kinda

Richard and Steve have both issued the expected mea culpas over the whole Wal-Mart/Edelman blog hoax. From the early comments, all seems to be forgiven (aside from the requisite "took long enough" jibes). I have to admit, I'm shocked.

I'm the first to praise accountability and I appreciate the fact that they are not making excuses, so full credit there. But I want a better explanation of what took so long to address this. I can't believe 'we needed all the facts' is all we get. Frankly, I can't believe the facts were that hard to gather.

Richard says, "Our commitment is to openness and engagement because trust is not negotiable and we are working to be sure that commitment is delivered in all our programs."

OK, fair enough to move on and focus on a solution, not the problem. But please, after a third strike, tell us what steps are being taken to ensure this doesn't happen again.

I have been looking to Edelman for guidance as I (and the agency I work for) to navigate the social media landscape. This response is hugely disappointing (to say nothing of the event itself).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home